Located in Stuart, Florida, Solaris Healthcare Parkway is one of just a few facilities in the area. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. We really can't say enough great things about this nursing home. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Solaris Healthcare Parkway
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
800 Se Central Pkwy,
Stuart FL 34994
93.44% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its dominant assessments in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for our short-term care rating. Short-term care scores are vital for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home, which as an area this facility performed much more favorably. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in this area with 58.7 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Solaris Healthcare Parkway?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provides 4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is better than what is offered by most facilities. Lastly, this place also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B. Believe it or not, this ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. A nursing home is doing something right when their worst grade still rates higher than most other nursing homes. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Solaris Healthcare Parkway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 9.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 95.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 13.16% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Solaris Healthcare Parkway, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away200 Se Hospital Ave Stuart Florida 34995Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 287-5200
- St Lucie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away1800 Se Tiffany Ave Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Proprietary(772) 335-4000
- Port St Lucie HospitalPsychiatric 8.37 miles away2550 Se Walton Rd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Proprietary(772) 335-0400
- Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart InstituteAcute Care Hospitals 18.32 miles away1700 S 23rd St Fort Pierce Florida 34950Proprietary(772) 461-4000
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Treasure Coast Kidney Center North1.94 miles away2348 Se Ocean Blvd Stuart Florida 34996CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (772) 286-2470
- Fmc - Tradition7.11 miles away1748 Sw St Lucie West Blvd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34986CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (772) 336-3793
- Goldtree Kidney Center LLC8.25 miles away1407 Southeast Goldtree Drive Ste A Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (772) 335-8677
- Bma - Port Saint Lucie9.79 miles away709 Sw Port Saint Lucie Blvd Port Saint Lucie Florida 34953CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (772) 344-4998
- Rai Care Centers - Port Saint Lucie11.08 miles away8661 S Us Hwy 1 Port Saint Lucie Florida 34952Dialysis Stations: 22 (772) 807-7229
- Jupiter Dialysis18.04 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Rai Care Centers - Fort Pierce18.43 miles away2501 Ohio Ave Fort Pierce Florida 34950CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (772) 465-6551
- Bright Kidney Care, LLC18.54 miles away2000 Hartman Rd Ste 2 Fort Pierce Florida 34947CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (772) 467-1117