Slovene Home for the Aged is located in Cleveland, Ohio. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a total of 769,341 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most elite facilities we found. This facility was given one of the highest grades we offer. In fact, this is substantially better than many of the facilities in the city. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its long-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Slovene Home for the Aged
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.426476 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Slovene Home for the Aged?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we looked at, this facility received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility topped off a first-rate profile. Our short-term care grade is typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Slovene Home for the Aged Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Slovene Home for the Aged, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.99 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 5.97 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.2.14 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid2.47 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center4.24 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Community Dialysis Center6.33 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Comunity Dialysis Center6.42 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- Community Dialysis Center6.51 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis6.53 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program6.74 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013