Skyview Rehab and Nursing is an average-sized nursing home in Wallingford, Connecticut. We awarded this facility an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. You flat out can't do much better than this place. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Skyview Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
35 Marc Drive,
Wallingford CT 06492
73.29% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Skyview Rehab and Nursing has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that Skyview Rehab and Nursing has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its elite achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Clearly we were satisfied with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Skyview Rehab and Nursing?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we looked at, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility completed a very impressive report card. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Midstate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away435 Lewis Avenue Meriden Connecticut 06450Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 694-8200
- Yale-New Haven HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away20 York St New Haven Connecticut 06504Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 688-4242
- Middlesex HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away28 Crescent St Middletown Connecticut 06457Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 344-6000
- Waterbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13 miles away64 Robbins St Waterbury Connecticut 06721Proprietary(203) 573-6000
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Griffin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.08 miles away130 Division St Derby Connecticut 06418Voluntary non-profit - Other(203) 732-7500
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Wallingford Dialysis Care LLC2.28 miles away720 N Main Street Ext Suite 3 Wallingford Connecticut 06492Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 265-0667
- u.s.renal Care North Haven Dialysis2.71 miles away510 Washington Avenue North Haven Connecticut 06473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 234-7071
- North Haven Dialysis Center2.97 miles away266 State Street Suite 2 North Haven Connecticut 06473Dialysis Stations: 15 (203) 230-1946
- Davita Hamden Dialysis5.71 miles away3000 Dixwell Avenue Suite 100 Hamden Connecticut 06518Dialysis Stations: 21 (203) 281-5361
- Central Ct Dialysis Center5.96 miles away377 Research Parkway Meriden Connecticut 06450Dialysis Stations: 23 (203) 639-2880
- Comprehensive Dialysis Care LLC6.27 miles away61 Pomeroy Ave. Building A Meriden Connecticut 06450Dialysis Stations: 14 (203) 238-1962
- Davita Waterbury Dialysis Center9.17 miles away150 Mattatuck Heights Waterbury Connecticut 06705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 419-0488
- St. Raphael Dialysis Center - New Haven10.28 miles awayDialysis Unit 137 Water Street New Haven Connecticut 06511CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (203) 772-2421