Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is just one of 10 nursing homes in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a subpar facility. Keep in mind that Spartanburg received a city grade of B+, so should look at some other options in the city as well. The only positive thing we can really say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we wanted to point out its decent inspections in recent years. We awarded it a somewhat respectable score of B- in that area. Our inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
We also awarded this facility a grade of B- for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a middle of the road score in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are presumably most critical for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. We gave it a C in that category. This is not a bad grade in this area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It doesn't appear that this facility provided information about vaccinations. Finally, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.88 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Skylyn Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 72.67% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Spartanburg, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Spartanburg, South Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Spartanburg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away101 E Wood St Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Cherokee Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.57 miles away1530 N Limestone St Gaffney South Carolina 29340Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 487-4271
- Spartanburg Dialysis, LLC0.37 miles away128 Dillon Dr Spartanburg South Carolina 29307Dialysis Stations: 24 (864) 587-1507
- Dci East Spartanburg0.49 miles away155 Dillon Drive Spartanburg South Carolina 29307Dialysis Stations: 35 (864) 585-4840
- Dci Spartanburg3.25 miles away203 Freemont Avenue Spartanburg South Carolina 29303CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (864) 585-2046
- Wofford Dialysis4.02 miles away8024 White Ave Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 14 (864) 583-4798
- Carolina Dialysis LLC7.03 miles away115 Interstate Park Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 576-9999
- Dci West Spartanburg8.58 miles away105 Tradd Street Spartanburg South Carolina 29301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (864) 574-8828
- Dci Gaffney13.89 miles away405 Tiffany Park Gaffney South Carolina 29341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 487-1727
- Dialysis Newco, Inc.15.1 miles away208 Holly Springs Road Lyman South Carolina 29365Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 439-2138