Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center is one of five available facilities in Newark, New Jersey. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. As far as we can see, this place should be a solid choice for most people. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its stellar inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a positive grade in long-term care. This nursing home received a grade of B in this category, which happens to be one of our higher scores. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 84.38247 percent of its patients. This is a few points below what we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we look at the number of hours nurses are caring for residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Finally, although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care. This facility received a C in this category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is typically a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 5.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 91.97% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Newark, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Newark, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.63 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Carepoint Health - Bayonne Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away29 East 29th St Bayonne New Jersey 07002Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 858-5000
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Davita Renal Center of Newark0.74 miles away571 Central Ave Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 484-4994
- Fmc Newark Univ Dc (Miele)0.96 miles away91-101 Hartford Street Newark New Jersey 07103Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 624-7100
- Ara Dialysis at East Orange1.05 miles away20 Sussex Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 266-1093
- Fmc East Orange Dc1.18 miles away110 South Grove Street East Orange New Jersey 07018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 414-6100
- Fmc North Newark1.67 miles away155 Berkeley Avenue Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 412-0066
- Fmc Harrison Dc1.68 miles away620 Essex Street Harrison New Jersey 07029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 482-7772
- Fmc Ironbound1.98 miles away248 South Street Newark New Jersey 07114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 344-0655
- Davita East Orange Dialysis2.23 miles away14-20 Prospect Street East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (973) 672-2025