Simpson Place is in Dallas, Texas. The city has several available nursing homes. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Dallas. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
3922 Simpson Street,
Dallas TX 75246
78% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Simpson Place has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. We weren't able to find deficiency data for this facility. Without having the information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it is challenging to grade the place in the area of inspections.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Simpson Place?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category is its short-term care score, where it received a B-. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was long-term care, which is the last area we assessed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Nursing homes that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 3.9 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Gadc, LLC0.46 miles away3417 Gaston Avenue Suite 180 Dallas Texas 75246Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 232-1730
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis0.53 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center0.86 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis1.01 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Lake Cliff Dialysis Center3.8 miles away805 N. Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 942-7727
- Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit3.9 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Dialysis Stations: 19 (214) 456-7730
- Village Ii Dialysis Center4.51 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc of Forest Park4.58 miles away6010 Forest Park, Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (214) 351-2833