With more than 20 options to choose from having an address in Dallas, Texas, Simpson Place is one of many facilities in the city. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Dallas. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Simpson Place has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Dallas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that category, with a grade of A. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we have deficiency data for this nursing home. Without the deficiency data for this facility, it is difficult to really assess it in this category.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of factors, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Simpson Place?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is generally a solid measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, we gave this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care. This is the facility's weakest category grade. Naturally, this category hurt the facility's overall grade to a certain degree. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 3.9 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Gadc, LLC0.46 miles away3417 Gaston Avenue Suite 180 Dallas Texas 75246Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 232-1730
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis0.53 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center0.86 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis1.01 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Lake Cliff Dialysis Center3.8 miles away805 N. Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 942-7727
- Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit3.9 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Dialysis Stations: 19 (214) 456-7730
- Village Ii Dialysis Center4.51 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc of Forest Park4.58 miles away6010 Forest Park, Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (214) 351-2833