Silver Ridge Healthcare Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Las Vegas, Nevada. With an overall rating of B, this appears to be a very respectable nursing home. Even in a city of 14 nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a sound choice. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Silver Ridge Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1151 Torrey Pines Dr.,
Las Vegas NV 89146
95.54% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our nursing score assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility truly excelled in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few facilities performed more favorably in this category. In determining these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Silver Ridge Healthcare Center?
This nursing home also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. It received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of B+. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a rock bottom grade. You shouldn't necessarily disregard a nursing home due to one concerning grade though. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 97.98271 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Silver Ridge Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 8.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 2.25% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 76.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 14.91% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 17.97% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 17.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 9.39 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Silver Ridge Healthcare Center, 65.91% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 13 other nursing homes
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 0.48 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 1.4 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Las Vegas Pediatric Dialysis (Dva)1.36 miles away7271 W Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117Dialysis Stations: 4 (702) 227-3049
- West Sahara Dialysis (Fmc)1.65 miles away7710 West Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (702) 243-2763
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)2.53 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Spring Valley Dialysis (Dva)2.75 miles away3855 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89103CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 248-0379
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)3.37 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)3.55 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)3.63 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)4.16 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801