Silver Oak Manor is located in Livermore, California, a city with a total of 83,763 people. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. At the end of the day, this place is a great choice for just about anybody. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Silver Oak Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Best Nursing Home in Livermore, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, it received a grade of A in the category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Silver Oak Manor?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing score weighs quite a few factors, but the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was short-term care. This nursing home received a better than average nursing grade in our assessment, with a B. While this was not as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our better scores for this area. With our short-term care score, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Silver Oak Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Silver Oak Manor, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Silver Oak Manor, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Silver Oak Manor, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Silver Oak Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Silver Oak Manor, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Silver Oak Manor, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Silver Oak Manor, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Silver Oak Manor, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Silver Oak Manor, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Silver Oak Manor, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Silver Oak Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Silver Oak Manor, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Silver Oak Manor, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 13.47 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.31 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.94 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Livermore Dialysis Center3.19 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center8.33 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis13.34 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC13.41 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont13.47 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Union City Dialysis Center14.52 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Fmc Ardenwood15.85 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Hayward16.04 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743