The Grove at Cherry Hill is one of six available facilities located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some solid scores. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cherry Hill, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
The Grove at Cherry Hill
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. In computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The second most favorable category we awarded this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is considered to be a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about The Grove at Cherry Hill?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's next highest score was long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still fared relatively badly. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.00841 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. This grade was very detrimental to this nursing home's overall score. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility was hit with 3 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This generally means that a poor track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Grove at Cherry Hill Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 5.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 91.97% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Grove at Cherry Hill, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cherry Hill, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cherry Hill, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 5.22 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Fmc Silver Dialysis1.33 miles awayDialysis Unit 1417 Brace Rd Suite B Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034Dialysis Stations: 35 (856) 216-8463
- Davita Cherry Hill Dialysis2.34 miles away1030 N Kings Hwy Suite 100 Cherry Hill New Jersey 08034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 321-0111
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees3.48 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Davita Lourdes Dialysis at Innova Inc3.49 miles away3716 Church Road Mount Laurel New Jersey 08054Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 222-0386
- Fkc Voorhees3.57 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede3.65 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Usrc Voorhees LLC3.77 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010
- Davita Pennsauken Dialysis Center4.2 miles away7024 Kaighns Ave Merchantville New Jersey 08109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 486-1145