Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Winston Salem, North Carolina. This is a good nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Winston Salem. As far as we can see, this place is a good fit for most people. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially would like to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's above average category grades came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable category was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Moving on to the next area, this facility received a grade of C for nursing, which is generally an acceptable grade. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents that sustained a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 2.92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 88.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Silas Creek Rehabilitation Center, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Winston Salem, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Winston Salem, North Carolina has 8 other nursing homes
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.96 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.61 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University1.57 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit1.88 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University2.99 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University5.61 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity8.01 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- King Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University14.13 miles away140 Moore Road King North Carolina 27021Dialysis Stations: 17 (336) 985-3531
- High Point Kidney Center of Wake Forest University17.22 miles away1900 Westchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (336) 889-9200
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point17.76 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046