Signature Healthcare of South Louisville is located in the large metropolitan area of Louisville, Kentucky with a population of 736,284 people. Featuring an overall score of A-, this turned out to be ranked among the fifteen highest graded facilities in the city. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this nursing home. If you scroll down, you will see this place's category scores, which are also quite good.
Signature Healthcare of South Louisville
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1120 Cristland Road,
Louisville KY 40214
78% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a first-rate long-term care score. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a score of A. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 90.08265 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is somewhat less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Lastly, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this facility had 3.42 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Although this admittedly wasn't as favorable as some of its other scores in this area, this figure may be skewed for some facilities based on the medical complexity of residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of South Louisville?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This facility provides more services with registered nurses and physical therapists than most facilities we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the majority of facilities in the country with 52.8 percent of its residents returning home. This is a higher rate than most nursing homes.
The next area we analyzed is nursing. We gave this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in this area, with a grade of B. Although this isn't as high as many of its other grades, it is still a fine grade. When computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as reliable measures of the caliber of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of South Louisville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 9.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 2.7% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 15.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 28.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 7.9% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 91.16% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 15.59% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 21.85% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 21.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of South Louisville, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 13.6 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 13.72 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University Kidney Center Bluegrass, LLC2.65 miles away1935 Bluegrass Ave., Suite 100 Louisville Kentucky 40215Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 368-5843
- Bio-Medical Applications of Kentucky, Inc.2.73 miles away1715 Gagel Avenue Louisville Kentucky 40216Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 447-4148
- Davita - Louisville Dialysis3.12 miles away8037 Dixie Highway Louisville Kentucky 40258Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 937-9111
- Fmc - South Louisville4.22 miles away1514 Crum Lane Louisville Kentucky 40216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 361-1914
- Fmc - Southwest4.95 miles away9616 Dixie Hwy. Louisville Kentucky 40272CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 937-2996
- Fmc-South Central Louisville5.87 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon6.23 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Davita - Sheperdsville Dialysis6.58 miles away150 Brooks Way, Suite 15 Brooks Kentucky 40109Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 955-2153