Signature Healthcare of Primacy is an average-sized nursing home in Memphis, Tennessee. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires solid scores in most areas. Even with Memphis offering 21 other nursing homes available, this nursing home should be a quality choice. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Signature Healthcare of Primacy
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Not many facilities performed better in that area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so well is that it was given a strong long-term care grade. Indeed, long-term care ended up being its second highest category score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a score of A-. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 88.55721 percent of its residents, which is slightly below what we were hoping for. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of Primacy?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest area turned out to be short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B-. With our short-term care score, we strive to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The final category we assessed was nursing. We gave this facility a grade of D for our nursing category, making this its weakest grade. Nursing grades are largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of Primacy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 9.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 89.05% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of Primacy, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 7.48 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.97 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.0.1 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Satellite Healthcare South Germantown, LLC1.98 miles away6548 Quince Rd Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 259-3423
- Davita Memphis Southeast2.17 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis2.31 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401
- Memphis East Dialysis2.52 miles away6029 Walnut Grove Road, Suite c003 Memphis Tennessee 38120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 747-2316
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc2.63 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- Fmc East Memphis3.15 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Fmc Memphis Germantown3.36 miles away7640 Wolf River Circle Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-4119