Signature Healthcare of Orange Park is an average-sized facility located in Orange Park, Florida. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. We were pleased to find out that this matched the average grade of nursing homes in Orange Park, which is one of the better cities in Florida to find a nursing home. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Signature Healthcare of Orange Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing actually ended up being its best category. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A-. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients more often.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of Orange Park?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that area with a score of B+. With our short-term care assessment, we seek to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care, in which we gave it an above average grade of B. This nursing home truly didn't have any weak spots. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 95.454544 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of Orange Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of Orange Park, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.17 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.52 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Orange Park Kidney Center0.1 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center2.01 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North2.01 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.41 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County4.56 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Fleming Island Dialysis5.58 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis5.7 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center8.92 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272