Majestic Care Newburgh is an average-sized nursing home located in Newburgh, Indiana. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. If you are not satisfied with this facility's rather poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are four other nursing homes in Newburgh. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home received a decent grade in the area of long-term care. You can find additional information on this category below.
Majestic Care Newburgh
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 12 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. The nursing rating consists of many components, however, the paramount consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care Newburgh?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this place is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this facility didn't fare well in this area either. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated only 52.35602 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care Newburgh Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who have sustained UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 12.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 91.56% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care Newburgh, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Newburgh, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Newburgh, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.98 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 11.62 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis2.78 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis3.22 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center6.18 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Lofield Dialysis LLC6.5 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis7.99 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC10.46 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis11.23 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis16.22 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061