With an address in Marietta, Georgia, Signature Healthcare of Marietta is one of seven facilities in the city. We awarded this facility a respectable overall score of B-. As As it turns out, it is one of the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. You can definitely do worse than this facility. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Signature Healthcare of Marietta
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
811 Kennesaw Avenue,
Marietta GA 30060
72.85% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category scores was in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be a real strength for this facility. It outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation in this area with 63.7 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most facilities.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of Marietta?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. Our nursing category consists of many factors, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as good measures of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. While it had 2.08 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most nursing homes since it had some more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of Marietta Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 5.36% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 93.3% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of Marietta, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Marietta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Marietta, Georgia has 6 other nursing homes
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.82 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 12.84 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.86 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar North Fulton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away3000 Hospital Boulevard Roswell Georgia 30076Proprietary(770) 751-2500
- Bma of Marietta Inc1.15 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Fmcna of North Cobb1.18 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center2.18 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis2.82 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC3.35 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Isd Renal, Inc.4.42 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675
- Fresenius Kidney Care East Marietta4.49 miles away2060 Lower Roswell Rd Ste. 250 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 509-8530
- Dsi Kennesaw LLC4.5 miles away1925 Vaughn Road Suite 150 Kennesaw Georgia 30144Dialysis Stations: 3 (678) 290-8749