Signature Healthcare of East Louisville is just one of 23 facilities in Louisville, Kentucky. This is a quality nursing home with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to learn that many of the other nursing homes in Louisville received similar grades. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this place. This nursing home was also given phenomenal grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Signature Healthcare of East Louisville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Louisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality facility is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. Short-term care is its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 57.894733 percent of its patients. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of East Louisville?
Turning to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The final area we looked at was nursing, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. This nursing home didn't end up having any noticeable weaknesses. There are quite a few factors included in this grade. Many of these data points are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of East Louisville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 8.23% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 89.41% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of East Louisville, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 3.98 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 10.62 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Davita - Meadows East0.06 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Fmc - Suburban3.08 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies3.26 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis3.65 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC3.88 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- University Kidney Center - Broadway5.22 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis5.33 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Fmc - East Louisville5.45 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221