Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi is a very-small nursing home in Louisville, Kentucky. With an overall score of A+, this facility is one of the highest-graded facilities we assessed. Even in a city of 41 other nursing homes, this one stands out as a superb option. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1850 Bluegrass Avenue, Unit 3c,
Louisville KY 40215
114% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility earned an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home was superb in our short-term care category. We gave them a dominant grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average facility. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Kentucky in this area with 73.4 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this facility also was given a strong long-term care grade, with a score of A. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to our last area, this facility also performed admirably in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A in this area. This topped off a straight A report card. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of data points, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided 4.9 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is among the higher totals in the country. A significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. We were really impressed by these statistics. In addition to offering impressive levels of care, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, it performed as well as any nursing home in Kentucky in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these areas as good measures of the quality of nursing care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare at Sts Mary & Elizabeth Hospi, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 11.35 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 12.57 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University Kidney Center Bluegrass, LLC0.2 miles away1935 Bluegrass Ave., Suite 100 Louisville Kentucky 40215Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 368-5843
- Bio-Medical Applications of Kentucky, Inc.1.37 miles away1715 Gagel Avenue Louisville Kentucky 40216Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 447-4148
- Fmc - South Louisville2.48 miles away1514 Crum Lane Louisville Kentucky 40216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 361-1914
- Davita - Louisville Dialysis4.2 miles away8037 Dixie Highway Louisville Kentucky 40258Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 937-9111
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon4.66 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Fmc - West Louisville4.85 miles away2600 West Broadway Suite 112 Louisville Kentucky 40211Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 772-7363
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis4.96 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street5.17 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314