Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We is in the large metropolitan area of Louisville, Kentucky which has a population of 736,284 people. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Despite Louisville having 41 nursing homes available, this nursing home stood out as a first-rate selection. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive short-term care rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received even higher grades in the category of short-term care. It received one of our best grades in that category with an A. Our short-term care grades are important for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Turning to another one of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection grade. Inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. We weighed the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent grade in that category, with a B-. Even though this was not as dominant as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Our long-term care ratings are more critical for those requiring more conventional assistance related to activities of daily living. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated just 86.2069 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 8.14% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare at Jefferson Place Rehab & We, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 1.59 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 6.17 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis1.86 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis2.78 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Fmc - Suburban2.86 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies3.4 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Davita - Springhurst Dialysis Center3.54 miles away10201 Champion Farms Dr Louisville Kentucky 40241Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 425-2131
- Fmc - Northeast Louisville4.47 miles away3701 Chamberlain Lane Louisville Kentucky 40241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 327-1144
- Davita - Meadows East4.93 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC5.58 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786