Sierra Winds is a small non-profit nursing home located in Peoria, Arizona. Featuring an overall grade of A, this is undoubtedly a phenomenal facility. In fact, this is actually one of the top three facilities in Peoria. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category ratings. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility also excelled in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its superb profile, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A for that area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sierra Winds?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its fine profile, this facility also received a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A-. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last area, this facility also was awarded a very strong nursing rating, with a B+. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Our nursing rating considers a host of subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sierra Winds Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sierra Winds, 80.03% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sierra Winds, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sierra Winds, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.79 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)2.14 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)2.61 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)2.67 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)2.93 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)3.55 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Arrowhead Dialysis (Fmc)4.07 miles away16844 N 59th Ave Glendale Arizona 85306Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 439-8200
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)4.35 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865
- Thunderbird Dialysis (Fmc)4.38 miles away5750 W Thunderbird Rd Bldg G #750 Glendale Arizona 85306CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (602) 439-9502