Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance is in Washington, District of Columbia, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. Featuring an overall score of A, this facility outscored many of the facilities in Washington by a wide margin. We simply can't say enough good things about this facility. As you will see below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate accomplishments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. This facility knocked it out of the park in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. There are a variety of criteria included in this area. Many of these factors are tied to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient at least once a day.
Lastly, this facility has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. This is one of the few nursing homes in the nation to receive an A- or better in all four categories. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance, 6.11 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sibley Mem Hosp Renaissance, 66.15% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Washington, DC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Washington, District of Columbia has 16 other nursing homes
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.51 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 5.15 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- Us Renal Care Bethesda Dialysis1.04 miles away4701 Sangamore Rd Suite p017 Bethesda Maryland 20816Dialysis Stations: 10 (870) 931-5400
- Davita Georgetown Home Training2.58 miles away2233 Wisconsin Ave Suite 214 Washington District of Columbia 20007Dialysis Stations: 12 (202) 337-1431
- Bma - Dupont Circle3.98 miles away11 Dupont Cir Nw Ste ll100 Washington District of Columbia 20036Dialysis Stations: 30 (202) 483-0176
- Davita - K Street Dialysis4 miles away2131 K Street Nw Ste 300 Washington District of Columbia 20037CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (202) 223-8453
- Childrens National Medical Center4.23 miles awayChildrens Hosp Dialysis Unit Rm 3130 111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Dialysis Stations: 6 (202) 476-5148
- Howard University Dialysis Center, LLC4.58 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Tower Building Suite 1119b Washington District of Columbia 20060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (202) 865-7365
- Davita - Arlington4.78 miles away4805 First St North Arlington Virginia 22203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (703) 527-0652
- Somatus Dialysis of Fall Church, LLC4.92 miles away500 North Washington Drive Suite 100 Falls Church Virginia 22046Dialysis Stations: 8 (703) 382-8361