Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Brooklyn, New York which has a total of 2,504,700 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of A-. As a result, it outscored the average nursing home in Brooklyn by a sizable margin. Even in a city featuring 40 other nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a great option. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2865 Brighton 3rd Street,
Brooklyn NY 11235
82.9% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in that area. Short-term care grades are important for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.76999 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The next category we analyzed is nursing. This nursing home was given a very good nursing grade this year, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't quite as dominant as many of its other grades, this is nevertheless a respectable score in that area. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.2% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shore View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Brooklyn, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Brooklyn, New York has 39 other nursing homes
- Coney Island Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235Government - Local(718) 616-3000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Maimonides Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away4802 Tenth Avenue Brooklyn New York 11219Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 283-6000
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away506 Sixth Street Brooklyn New York 11215Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 780-3000
- Davita Sheephead Bay Renal Care Center0.47 miles away26 Brighton 11th Street Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 743-5955
- New York Akc, Inc1.31 miles away2701 Emmons Avenue Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 62 (718) 769-4100
- Sea Crest Acquisition LLC1.43 miles away3035 West 24th Street Brooklyn New York 11224Dialysis Stations: 10 (718) 372-4500
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn South1.88 miles away1845 Mcdonald Avenue Brooklyn New York 11223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (646) 317-0750
- Davita Midwood Dialysis2.46 miles away1915 Ocean Avenue Dialysis Facility Brooklyn New York 11230CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (718) 258-7700
- Davita South Brooklyn Nephrology Center2.86 miles away3915 Avenue v, Suite 104 Brooklyn New York 11234CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (718) 252-8440
- Davita Dyker Heights Dialysis Center3.15 miles away1435 86th Street Brooklyn New York 11228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 256-5800
- Davita Millennium Dialysis3.28 miles away1408 Ocean Avenue 2nd Floor Brooklyn New York 11230CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 677-7600