Shore Acres Care Center looks like it is one of 27 facilities located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This city has far more options than most other cities in the country. Featuring an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. While there isn't anything wrong with a B-, it is worth noting that Saint Petersburg received a city grade of B+ so there are plenty of good options in this city. We were also pleased to discover that this facility received consistently decent grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Shore Acres Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4500 Indianapolis St Ne,
Saint Petersburg FL 33703
92.93% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B. It actually outpaced most nursing homes in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Shore Acres Care Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is far below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we awarded this facility a C in this area. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of care provided by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.22034 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we expected. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shore Acres Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shore Acres Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shore Acres Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shore Acres Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shore Acres Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shore Acres Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shore Acres Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shore Acres Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shore Acres Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shore Acres Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Shore Acres Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shore Acres Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shore Acres Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shore Acres Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 4.19 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- H Street North - St Petersburg3.27 miles away635 4th St No Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 821-4654
- St Petersburg Kidney Care4.1 miles away800 3rd Ave S. Webb Plaza Saint Petersburg Florida 33701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 821-3201
- St Petersburg Dialysis4.14 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Dialysis4.23 miles away501 6th Ave S 6500000410 Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 7 (727) 767-4166
- Fresenius Kidney Care-St Petersburg4.34 miles away446 4th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 896-5500
- Fmc - Pinellas Park5.56 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- St Petersburg South Dialysis5.72 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg5.9 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527