Sherwood Oaks is one of just a couple available nursing homes in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania. After receiving an overall grade of A, this nursing home is one of the top facilities we assessed. You really can't do any better than this facility. This facility was also given impressive scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
100 Norman Drive,
Cranberry Twp PA 16066
91.39% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf profile, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A for the area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a meaningful measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sherwood Oaks?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Not many nursing homes received a better grade in this category. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 70.92198 percent of its residents, which is somewhat lower than we expected. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that area. This completed a very impressive profile. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sherwood Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sherwood Oaks, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sherwood Oaks, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sherwood Oaks, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sherwood Oaks, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sherwood Oaks, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sherwood Oaks, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sherwood Oaks, 88.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sherwood Oaks, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sherwood Oaks, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sherwood Oaks, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sherwood Oaks, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sherwood Oaks, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.21 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.95 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry1.8 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Seven Fields3.12 miles away201 Highpointe Drive Mars Pennsylvania 16046Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 779-3930
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden7.91 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge11.06 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis12.15 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238
- Dci of North Hills12.49 miles away3412 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (412) 635-0211
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell12.97 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Ellwood City13.95 miles away1407 Woodside Avenue Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Dialysis Stations: 9 (724) 758-3446