Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp is a very-small nursing home in Sherman Oaks, California. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the nation. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is really as good as it gets. Keep reading to see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in this area with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care area. In fact, we gave it a score of A- for the area. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home was given a better than average nursing score this year, with a B. Although this is not as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still one of our better grades for this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is more often than not a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sherman Oaks Hospital Snf Dp, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Pacifica Hospital of the ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 6.32 miles away9449 San Fernando Rd Sun Valley California 91352Proprietary(818) 767-3310
- Northridge Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away18300 Roscoe Blvd Northridge California 91325Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 885-8500
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 6.57 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.1 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- u.s. Renal Care Sherman Oaks Dialysis0.02 miles away4955 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 111 Sherman Oaks California 91403Dialysis Stations: 18 (818) 285-5913
- Fmc-Van Nuys1.42 miles away14812 Oxnard Street Van Nuys California 91411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 781-7888
- u.s. Renal Care Van Nuys Dialysis2.83 miles away14624 Sherman Way, Suite 106 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (818) 994-2333
- Davita Van Nuys Dialysis2.85 miles away14434 Sherman Way Van Nuys California 91405Dialysis Stations: 37 (818) 787-8225
- Davita-Valley Dialysis Center3.09 miles away6840 Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 101 Van Nuys California 91405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (818) 779-1450
- Davita-North Hollywood Dialysis3.48 miles away12126 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood California 91606CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (818) 980-5070
- Davita-South Valley Dialysis4.15 miles away17815 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100 Encino California 91316CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 757-4520
- u.s. Renal Care Panorama City Dialysis4.25 miles away14600 Roscoe Blvd. Panorama City California 91402CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 901-9822