Sharon Towers is just one of 10 facilities in Charlotte, North Carolina. Featuring an overall score of A+, this proved to be ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. In our view, this facility should be a no brainer for just about anybody. As you can see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
5100 Sharon Road,
Charlotte NC 28210
70% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Charlotte, North Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Charlotte, North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. There are numerous datapoints included in this category. Most of the criteria reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Sharon Towers?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its fine resume, this facility also received a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this nursing home was given an excellent short-term care grade. We awarded it an A- in that area, rounding out a straight A profile. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sharon Towers Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sharon Towers, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sharon Towers, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Charlotte, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Charlotte, North Carolina has 9 other nursing homes
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.48 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Piedmont Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away222 S Herlong Ave Rock Hill South Carolina 29730Proprietary(803) 329-1234
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.36 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 19.27 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Bma Nations Ford2.79 miles away7901 England Street Charlotte North Carolina 28273CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (704) 552-9102
- South Charlotte Dialysis3.78 miles away6450 Bannington Road Charlotte North Carolina 28226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (704) 542-9499
- Carolinas Medical Center Dialysis Unit4.22 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Pediatric Dialysis Unit Charlotte North Carolina 28232Dialysis Stations: 9 (704) 381-7749
- Dsi Charlotte Latrobe Dialysis4.29 miles away3515 Latrobe Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28211Dialysis Stations: 24 (704) 366-5299
- Presbyterian Hospital4.81 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Charlotte North Carolina 28204Dialysis Stations: 13 (704) 384-4034
- Fresenius Medical Care Charlotte4.85 miles away928 Baxter Street Charlotte North Carolina 28204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 348-2950
- Bma East Charlotte5.49 miles away1334 Central Avenue Charlotte North Carolina 28205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 334-2226
- Charlotte Dialysis6.12 miles away2321 W Morehead Street Charlotte North Carolina 28208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (704) 333-5535