Located in Sharon, Pennsylvania, Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu is the only facility we found in the area. With an A overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. We also want to point out that this nursing home is located in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive healthcare services are available. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Sharon senior living options.Get Pricing
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is considered to be a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 7.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade. Even though this wasn't quite as impressive as several of its other scores, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. Our long-term care grades are vital for residents in need of personal care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Lastly, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sharon Regional Medical Center Tcu, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 14.07 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 16.99 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.68 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Dci of Shenango Valley2.51 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage2.63 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis10.18 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc - Youngstown11.54 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Warren Dialysis Center12.14 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Fmc - Warren13.44 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC15.97 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg16.07 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341