With an address in Independence, Ohio, Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center is the sole option we were able to find there. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. You can definitely do worse than this facility. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection grade. In fact, its inspection score was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it an A. Inspection grades are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing category includes many components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our long-term care score. This is not a score to write home about. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated only 86.78161 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, we gave this facility a grade of D in our short-term care category. This is the nursing home's worst category score. Short-term care scores are vital for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Seven Hills Health & Rehab Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.09 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Rockside Dialysis1.46 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis2.38 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Cleveland Home Dialysis3.48 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.3.55 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801
- Davita - Parma Dialysis3.77 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis4.15 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Community Dialysis Center4.16 miles away3330 West 25th Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 741-5776
- Fmc - Farnsworth Dialysis4.23 miles away3280 W 25th St Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (216) 739-0500