Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services is located in Houston, Texas. This city is one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 2,906,700 people. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. Not surprisingly, this turned out to be radically superior to most of the facilities in Houston. As you can see below, this facility also performed well in our category ratings. It would be hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received an impressive inspection grade. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In this category, we gave this facility an A. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Not many facilities fared better in this category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 90.909096 percent of its residents. This is a few points less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the number of hours nurses commit to patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we assessed is short-term care, where this nursing home received a B+. This finished off a very strong profile. Only a select few facilities earned a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. Short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Seven Acres Jewish Senior Care Services, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 5.97 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 6.28 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Sng Bellaire Dialysis Center Lp0.81 miles away7243 Bissonnet Street Suite A Houston Texas 77074Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 988-7200
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.1.91 miles away8700 S Gessner Suite 300 Houston Texas 77074Dialysis Stations: 25 (713) 988-1137
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Houston Dialysis Center2.29 miles away8303 Creek Bend Houston Texas 77071CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (713) 541-5541
- Fmc Meyerland2.35 miles away10311 South Post Oak Houston Texas 77035Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 283-9488
- Sng - Hillcroft Dialysis Center2.59 miles away6015 Hillcroft, Suite 3000 Houston Texas 77081Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 772-0992
- Fresenius Medical Care Fondren2.6 miles away7011 Regency Square Blvd Houston Texas 77036CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 782-1810
- Beechnut Dialysis2.72 miles away8325 Beechnut Houston Texas 77036Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 772-5228
- Pharis Dialysis, LLC2.78 miles away8486 Bellaire Blvd. Houston Texas 77036Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 774-0309