With an address in Clifton Park, New York, Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C is the lone nursing home we found there. This facility is among the highest-rated nursing homes we found. It received one of the most impressive grades that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This facility was also given impressive ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clifton Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Clifton Park, New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Clifton Park, New York Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility also earned an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.726776 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. The nursing rating analyzes many components, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care. This nursing home was given a very good nursing rating this year, with a B. Although this wasn't as dominant as some of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of the more impressive scores for this area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 3.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 3.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 1.93% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 12.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 7.1% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 99.86% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 10% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 13.88% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 13.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 4.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Seton Health at Schuyler Ridge Residential H C, 69.93% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Ellis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away1101 Nott Street Schenectady New York 12308Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 243-4000
- Samaritan Hospital-St Mary's CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away1300 Massachusetts Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 268-5000
- Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away2215 Burdett Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 427-3402
- Four Winds of SaratogaPsychiatric 13.25 miles away30 Crescent Ave Saratoga Springs New York 12866Proprietary(518) 584-3600
- Albany Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away600 Northern Boulevard Albany New York 12204Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 471-3490
- St Peter's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away315 South Manning Boulevard Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 525-1550
- Albany Medical Center HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue, Mail Code 34 Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 262-2400
- Saratoga HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away211 Church Street Saratoga Springs New York 12866Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 587-3222
- Dci - Rubin Dialysis Centers - Clifton Park1.05 miles away21 Crossing Boulevard Clifton Park New York 12065CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (518) 831-6700
- Fms-Niskayuna Dialysis Center6.69 miles away2345 Nott Street East Schenectady New York 12309Dialysis Stations: 12 (518) 346-5186
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.6.82 miles away30 Century Hill Dr Latham New York 12110Dialysis Stations: 12 (518) 783-1316
- Fms-Capital District Dialysis Center8.26 miles away650 Mcclellan Street Schenectady New York 12304CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (518) 382-0202
- Schenectady Partners LLC8.77 miles away1594 State Street Schenectady New York 12304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 382-5309
- Dci - Rubin Dialysis Center - Troy10.91 miles away1850 Peoples Avenue Troy New York 12180CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (518) 271-0702
- Freedom Center of Westmere12.41 miles away178 Washington Ave Extension Suite 3 Albany New York 12203Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 407-0505
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.12.43 miles away176 Washington Ave Extension Albany New York 12203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (518) 456-2429