Sequoyah Pointe Living Center is one of just three nursing homes in Owasso, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall rating of C, this looks like a respectable nursing home. This place seems to have a few things going for it. The best part of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Sequoyah Pointe Living Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this facility an A for its inspection grade. This score is far better than the facility's overall grade. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also fared well in the area of long-term care. For this reason, we gave it a grade of A- in that category, which is one of our most impressive grades. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.36709 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Sequoyah Pointe Living Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. We gave it a F in this area. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is short-term care. It received an F for this category, which is an abysmal score. This is certainly a significant concern. Short-term care scores are vital for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With a score in this range for this area, we were not shocked to find this place was below average in multiple staffing areas we looked at. The nursing home supplied significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sequoyah Pointe Living Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sequoyah Pointe Living Center, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- St John OwassoAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away12451 East 100th Street North Owasso Oklahoma 74055Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 274-5100
- Bailey Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away10502 North 110th East Avenue Owasso Oklahoma 74055Proprietary(918) 376-8000
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 11.77 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Claremore Indian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away101 South Moore Ave Claremore Oklahoma 74017Tribal(918) 341-8430
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Hillcrest Hospital ClaremoreAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away1202 N Muskogee Place Claremore Oklahoma 74017Proprietary(918) 341-2556
- Davita - Owasso Dialysis1.06 miles away9521 N Owasso East Expressway Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 376-2685
- Fmcna - Bailey Dialysis Center1.8 miles away10205 N 110th E Ave Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 15 (918) 272-2719
- Fmcna - North Harvard8.91 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis10.66 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Davita - Central Tulsa11.7 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit12.77 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Fmcna - North Tulsa12.88 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724
- Fmcna - East Tulsa13.06 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427