Rosemont Health and Rehab is in Virginia Beach, Virginia. This city is one of the most densely populated cities in the nation with has 437,994 people. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. Even with Virginia Beach featuring 11 other nursing homes available, this nursing home should be a fine selection. The best part of this place's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Rosemont Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3750 Sentara Way,
Virginia Beach VA 23452
81.89% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received high marks in the area of long-term care, with first-rate grade of A- in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 95.01779 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosemont Health and Rehab?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of C. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care, which was this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that category. Naturally, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade a bit. In our short-term care grade, we strive to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosemont Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 8.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 3.64% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 2.55% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 13.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 20.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 3.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 91.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 16.48% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 21.22% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 1.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 21.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 11.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosemont Health and Rehab, 75.54% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Virginia Beach, VA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Virginia Beach, Virginia has 10 other nursing homes
- Sentara Virginia Beach General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away1060 First Colonial Road Virginia Beach Virginia 23454Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 395-8000
- Sentara Leigh HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away830 Kempsville Road Norfolk Virginia 23502Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 261-6700
- Chesapeake General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away736 Battlefield Blvd, North Chesapeake Virginia 23320Government - Hospital District or Authority(757) 312-8121
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away150 Kingsley Lane Norfolk Virginia 23505Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 889-5000
- Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters IncChildrens 11.04 miles away601 Children's Lane Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 668-9647
- Nmc PortsmouthAcute Care - Department of Defense 11.13 miles away620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth Virginia 23708Department of Defense(757) 953-5008
- Sentara Norfolk General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.21 miles away600 Gresham Dr Norfolk Virginia 23507Voluntary non-profit - Other(757) 388-3000
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.52 miles away3636 High Street Portsmouth Virginia 23707Voluntary non-profit - Private(757) 398-2200
- Princess Anne Dialysis1.49 miles away3973 Holland Rd Virginia Beach Virginia 23452CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (757) 340-3526
- Fmc - Virginia Beach1.68 miles away525 S Independence Blvd Ste 150 Virginia Beach Virginia 23452CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (757) 687-7902
- Davita - Virginia Beach2.33 miles away740 Independence Cir Virginia Beach Virginia 23455CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (757) 499-1301
- Stines Dialysis LLC3.36 miles away230 Clearfield Ave Ste 106 Virginia Beach Virginia 23462Dialysis Stations: 12 (757) 518-9439
- Fmc - First Colonial4.47 miles away933 First Colonial Rd Suite 112 Virginia Beach Virginia 23454Dialysis Stations: 21 (757) 428-1869
- Leigh Dialysis Center4.72 miles away420 N Center Dr Bldg 11 Ste 128 Norfolk Virginia 23502CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (757) 455-0060
- Camelot Dialysis Center4.73 miles away1800 Camelot Dr Ste 100 Virginia Beach Virginia 23454CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (757) 481-6879
- Kempsville Dialysis Center4.86 miles away6320 North Center Dr Bldg 15 Ste 140 Norfolk Virginia 23502CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (757) 466-9446