Senior Suites Healthcare is located in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The city has a population of 117,553 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically indicates a few red flags. This facility seems to have very little going for it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Senior Suites Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This score is significantly more impressive than the facility's overall score. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that had a long list of severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities second best category is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this category. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.5984 percent of its patients. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Senior Suites Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only earned a grade of D for its short-term care score, which is not a score to write home about. Short-term care scores are meaningful for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we discovered that this facility offers far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The next category we graded was nursing, where this facility received a bottom of the barrel score in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Senior Suites Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients who have had falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 3.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Senior Suites Healthcare, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Broken Arrow, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has 5 other nursing homes
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.42 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 4.94 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis1.13 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Davita - Southcrest1.58 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - Berkshire at Home1.61 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis2.3 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Davita - Broken Arrow3.86 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.98 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis5.65 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - South Tulsa7.13 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841