Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation looks like it is one of a list of 34 nursing homes located in Fort Worth, Texas. This city has more options to choose from compared to most areas in the nation. This is not a bad facility with a C overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Fort Worth. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place received consistently decent grades in all four of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4201 Stonegate Blvd,
Fort Worth TX 76109
52.53% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection scores are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a respectable score in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is often a solid measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in computing our grade in this category. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat discouraging figure as it is well below the national average. Lastly, nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this nursing home received a grade of C for long-term care, which is a respectable grade. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the facility's volume of nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.53271 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 2.98 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth1.62 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Rrc West Fort Worth1.84 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.52 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin2.87 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit3.02 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Trinity Dialysis Center3.21 miles away1210 Alston Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (817) 338-1302
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC3.24 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Texas Renal Ventures3.34 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002