Senior Care Beltline is an average-sized nursing home located in Garland, Texas. This facility was given a decent overall rating of B-. With the facilities in Garland did not receive glowing scores as a group, we determined that this nursing home is a better option than most of the facilities in Garland. This place seems to have a few things going for it. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Senior Care Beltline
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable category is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is basically a slightly below average grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Senior Care Beltline?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in that area. This is not a bad grade in this category. With our long-term care score, we weigh the quantity of care provided by a facility, as well as a few quality metrics. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.31507 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Senior Care Beltline Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Senior Care Beltline, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Senior Care Beltline, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Senior Care Beltline, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who have had urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Senior Care Beltline, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Senior Care Beltline, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Senior Care Beltline, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Senior Care Beltline, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Senior Care Beltline, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Senior Care Beltline, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Senior Care Beltline, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Senior Care Beltline, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Senior Care Beltline, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Scores for Garland, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Garland, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- Fresenius Medical Care North Garland2.1 miles away530 Clara Barton Blvd. #105 Garland Texas 75042CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (214) 703-0564
- Tolowa Dialysis, LLC2.22 miles away800 N Shiloh Road Garland Texas 75042Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 276-7961
- Garland Dialysis3.86 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757
- Usrc Richardson, LLC4.72 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett4.83 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Town Gate Dialysis Center4.94 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC4.95 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center5.17 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270