Senior Care at Lake Pointe is a large facility in Rockwall, Texas. Featuring an overall grade of C, this is likely a decent facility. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Rockwall, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Senior Care at Lake Pointe
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it a grade of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given favorable long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of B+. This proved to be the nursing home's second best score. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Senior Care at Lake Pointe?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. We gave this facility a grade of D. Nursing scores are tied to quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. This is obviously a significant disappointment. In computing our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a fair measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. As you might expect, we found that this facility provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Senior Care at Lake Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Senior Care at Lake Pointe, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Rockwall, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockwall, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 15.2 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis1.19 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC1.27 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall2.69 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett2.82 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Rockwall Dialysis Center3.04 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Wylie Dialysis6.56 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy6.97 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Garland Dialysis7.29 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757