With an address in Seminole, Florida, Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service is one of four facilities in this area. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly a superb facility. Not surprisingly, this is quite a bit better than many of the nursing homes in Seminole. Finally, this is a very consistent facility with consistent ratings in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
10800 Temple Terrace,
Seminole FL 33772
93.47% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Seminole, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.58678 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was strong in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In the last area, this nursing home also was given a very strong nursing grade, with an A. This completed a very impressive report card. Our nursing score includes a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents which have experienced falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Seminole Pavilion Rehabilitation & Nursing Service, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Seminole, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Seminole, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.87 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.42 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 10.48 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Lake Seminole Dialysis0.25 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Seminole Dialysis Center0.92 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Rai Care Centers - Largo2.81 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc3.45 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis5.19 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - Pinellas Park6.25 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater6.66 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies7.1 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913