Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland is in Cleveland, Ohio, which has a slew of nursing homes. This facility was given a phenomenal overall score of A+, resulting in it being ranked among the five best facilities in the city. We simply can not say enough great things about this facility. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category grades, which look to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this facility so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 7.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this facility an A+ for our long-term care rating. This rounded out a first-rate profile. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.05 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East0.08 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program0.08 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis0.76 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation0.81 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Community Dialysis Center0.93 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.36 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center2.46 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Comunity Dialysis Center2.6 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668