Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland is in Cleveland, Ohio. The city offers a variety of available nursing homes. This facility was given world class overall score of A+, resulting in it being ranked among the three highest graded nursing homes in the city. We simply can't say enough good things about this place. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are just as strong as its overall score.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Cleveland, Ohio Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home earned nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 7.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are many subcategories within this area. Most of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. This finished off a very favorable report card. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.05 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East0.08 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program0.08 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis0.76 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation0.81 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Community Dialysis Center0.93 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis1.36 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center2.46 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Comunity Dialysis Center2.6 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668