Sea Mar Community Care Center is a small non-profit nursing home located in Seattle, Washington. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is ranked among the top ten facilities in the city. Even in a city of 26 other nursing homes, this nursing home stood out. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Sea Mar Community Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Feb 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Sea Mar Community Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. The nursing score analyzes many subcategories, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to receive more than one A+ category scores. For residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 72.16495 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Sea Mar Community Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. We gave them one of our most impressive scores in that area, with a A-. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In the last area we looked at, we found that this facility received a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. It earned a decent grade in inspections with a score of B-. This nursing home didn't have any major weak links. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sea Mar Community Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients who experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 13.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 93.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sea Mar Community Care Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Harborview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away325 9th Avenue Seattle Washington 98104Government - Local(206) 731-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Westwood Dialysis Center2.2 miles away2615 Sw Trenton St Seattle Washington 98126Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 938-6738
- Nkc Burien Kidney Center3.72 miles away12901 20th Ave South Seattle Washington 98168CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (206) 923-3562
- Nkc Renton Kidney Center5.1 miles away602 Oakesdale Ave Sw Renton Washington 98057CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (425) 251-0647
- Nkc Seatac Kidney Center5.34 miles away17900 International Blvd Ste 301 Seattle Washington 98188CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (206) 901-8700
- Nkc Seattle Kidney Center5.89 miles away548 15th Ave Seattle Washington 98122Dialysis Stations: 38 (206) 720-3940
- Nkc Broadway Kidney Center5.96 miles away700 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (206) 292-2705
- Nkc Elliott Bay Kidney Center6.37 miles away600 Broadway, Suite 240 Seattle Washington 98122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 292-2515
- Bellevue Dialysis Center7.76 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514