Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Brooklyn, New York. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Indeed, we ranked this nursing home as the fourth best nursing home in Brooklyn. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Brooklyn senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's quality category grades came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our stronger scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 98.11098 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was given favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded it one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The last area we graded was nursing, in which this facility received a C. Although this proved to be its poorest category rating, this is nevertheless not a terrible score. In determining our nursing scores, we weigh both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. While this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this statistic. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.75% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 90.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sea Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Brooklyn, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Brooklyn, New York has 15 other nursing homes
- Coney Island Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away2601 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235Government - Local(718) 616-3000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Maimonides Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away4802 Tenth Avenue Brooklyn New York 11219Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 283-6000
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away506 Sixth Street Brooklyn New York 11215Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 780-3000
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- Sea Crest Acquisition LLC0.02 miles away3035 West 24th Street Brooklyn New York 11224Dialysis Stations: 10 (718) 372-4500
- Davita Sheephead Bay Renal Care Center1.88 miles away26 Brighton 11th Street Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 743-5955
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn South2.66 miles away1845 Mcdonald Avenue Brooklyn New York 11223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (646) 317-0750
- New York Akc, Inc2.71 miles away2701 Emmons Avenue Brooklyn New York 11235CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 62 (718) 769-4100
- Davita Dyker Heights Dialysis Center2.96 miles away1435 86th Street Brooklyn New York 11228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 256-5800
- Davita Midwood Dialysis3.57 miles away1915 Ocean Avenue Dialysis Facility Brooklyn New York 11230CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (718) 258-7700
- Dci Narrows Kidney Center4.16 miles away6520 Fort Hamilton Parkway Brooklyn New York 11219CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (718) 836-8444
- Dialyze Direct Ny, LLC4.17 miles away4714 16th Avenue Brooklyn New York 11204Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 506-1735