JAG Healthcare Columbus is an average-sized nursing home in Columbus, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a respectable nursing home. This facility has a few things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile is its exemplary inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
JAG Healthcare Columbus
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
740 Canonby Place,
Columbus OH 43223
96.96% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with an A. This is a much better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but not in the elite range. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 77.53846 percent of its residents for pneumonia. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about JAG Healthcare Columbus?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care. This facility was awarded a B- for this area. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
JAG Healthcare Columbus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In JAG Healthcare Columbus, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 0.88 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.98 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 2.08 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 2.3 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 12.4 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel West0.89 miles away745 West State St Suite 660 Columbus Ohio 43222Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 224-2344
- Fmc - Greater Columbus Regional Dialysis, LLC1.89 miles away285 E. State St., Suite 170 Columbus Ohio 43215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (614) 228-9114
- Davita - Columbus Downtown Dialysis1.93 miles away415 East Mound Street Columbus Ohio 43215Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 228-1773
- Fmc - Grant Park1.99 miles away393 East Town Street Suite 111 Columbus Ohio 43215Dialysis Stations: 9 (614) 469-0070
- Nationwide Childrens Hospital2.28 miles away700 Childrens Dr t6a Columbus Ohio 43205Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 722-4859
- Kidney Center of Columbus South3.32 miles away2046 Lockbourne Rd Columbus Ohio 43207Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 449-7300
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center3.59 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750
- Kidney Center of Columbus East3.85 miles away1805 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (614) 253-3300