Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu is in the large metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois with a population of 2,680,484 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the best ratings that we offer. We were impressed enough to rank this facility as one of the 50 best nursing homes in Illinois. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
One of the reasons this place ended up being a quality nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To add to its high-end achievements in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is more often than not a meaningful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. Contributing to its dominant profile, this facility also performed well in that category. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in that area. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our final category, this nursing home also performed well in our nursing category. We gave it a grade of B+ for this area. This topped off a first-rate report card. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Illinois in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- John H Stroger Jr HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1901 W Harrison St Chicago Illinois 60612Government - Local(312) 864-6000
- University of Illinois HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1740 West Taylor St Suite 1400 Chicago Illinois 60612Government - State(312) 996-3900
- Rush University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away1653 West Congress Parkway Chicago Illinois 60612Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 942-5000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away2233 W Division St Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Church(312) 770-2000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Mercy Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago Illinois 60616Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 567-2000
- Davita - West Side0.2 miles away1600 W 13th Street Unit 3 Chicago Illinois 60608Dialysis Stations: 12 (312) 243-9286
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Congress Parkway0.93 miles away3410 West Van Buren Street Chicago Illinois 60624CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (773) 722-4245
- Davita - Little Village Dialysis0.94 miles away2335 W. Cermak Road Chicago Illinois 60608CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 523-2939
- Fmc - Chicago Westside Dialysis1 miles away1340 S. Damen Avenue, Ste. 100 Chicago Illinois 60608Dialysis Stations: 31 (312) 738-2587
- Sah Dialysis Clinic @26th St1.29 miles away3059 W 26th St Chicago Illinois 60623Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 696-9470
- Dialysis - University of Illinois Hospital1.33 miles away1859 W Taylor , Uimcc Mc 794, Room 1003 Chicago Illinois 60612Dialysis Stations: 24 (312) 355-5865
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis1.76 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598
- John H. Stroger jr.hospital of Cook County1.79 miles awayDialysis Unit-Clinic J 1969 W Ogden Av Chicago Illinois 60612Dialysis Stations: 9 (312) 864-4600