Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu is in the large metropolitan area of Chicago, Illinois with a population of 2,680,484 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the best ratings that we offer. We ranked this facility as one of the top 100 nursing homes in Illinois, which is a distinguished list. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in all four of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant scores, this nursing home was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is often a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, this facility was awarded an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the last category, this nursing home received an excellent nursing score. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this area, finishing off one of our more impressive report cards. Our nursing grade weighs several subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Schwab Rehabilitation Center Snu, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- John H Stroger Jr HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1901 W Harrison St Chicago Illinois 60612Government - Local(312) 864-6000
- University of Illinois HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1740 West Taylor St Suite 1400 Chicago Illinois 60612Government - State(312) 996-3900
- Rush University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away1653 West Congress Parkway Chicago Illinois 60612Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 942-5000
- Norwegian-American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 292-8200
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away2233 W Division St Chicago Illinois 60622Voluntary non-profit - Church(312) 770-2000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Mercy Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago Illinois 60616Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 567-2000
- Davita - West Side0.2 miles away1600 W 13th Street Unit 3 Chicago Illinois 60608Dialysis Stations: 12 (312) 243-9286
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Congress Parkway0.93 miles away3410 West Van Buren Street Chicago Illinois 60624CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (773) 722-4245
- Davita - Little Village Dialysis0.94 miles away2335 W. Cermak Road Chicago Illinois 60608CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 523-2939
- Fmc - Chicago Westside Dialysis1 miles away1340 S. Damen Avenue, Ste. 100 Chicago Illinois 60608Dialysis Stations: 31 (312) 738-2587
- Sah Dialysis Clinic @26th St1.29 miles away3059 W 26th St Chicago Illinois 60623Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 696-9470
- Dialysis - University of Illinois Hospital1.33 miles away1859 W Taylor , Uimcc Mc 794, Room 1003 Chicago Illinois 60612Dialysis Stations: 24 (312) 355-5865
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis1.76 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598
- John H. Stroger jr.hospital of Cook County1.79 miles awayDialysis Unit-Clinic J 1969 W Ogden Av Chicago Illinois 60612Dialysis Stations: 9 (312) 864-4600