Saylor Lane Healthcare Center is located in Sacramento, California. The city offers several available nursing homes. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a decent grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Sacramento, which is a B. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Saylor Lane Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3500 Folsom Boulevard,
Sacramento CA 95816
96.19% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall grade is its impeccable health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that category, with an A. This is a much better grade than the place's overall grade, which was decent but certainly not elite. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to note that this facility was given positive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the facility's second best grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is typically a solid measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of physical therapy per week to its residents. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in California in this area with 57.8 percent of its patients returning home. For most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Saylor Lane Healthcare Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Nursing ratings are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. Based on the data, it looks like this place provides an impressive 4 hours per patient on a daily basis. This is more nursing care than most places offer. In computing our grades, we apply more weight to hours performed by more highly trained nurses such as registered or licensed nurses. Lastly, we also considered quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home was above average in several of the major statistics we assessed, including minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of C in that area. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. In addition to considering the impressive volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff at this nursing home, we also were happy with the facility's record for vaccinations. This facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive total. This combination proved to be successful as this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saylor Lane Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 4.32% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 96.21% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saylor Lane Healthcare Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 20 other nursing homes
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 7.42 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Dci University Dialysis Clinic0.25 miles away1771 Stockton Blvd Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 453-0803
- Alhambra Dialysis Center0.26 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- Broadway Dialysis1.11 miles away2624 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (916) 457-0113
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center2.06 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- University Dialysis Center2.53 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877
- Wellbound of Sacramento4.57 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic4.62 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947
- South Sacramento Dialysis Center4.62 miles away7000 Franklin Blvd. #880 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (916) 427-2561