Sapphire Estates Rehab Centre is an average-sized facility located in Tucson, Arizona. We gave this facility an overall grade of A-, which is a first-rate score. As a matter of fact, this is actually one of the ten best facilities in Tucson. In spite of Tucson having 20 nursing homes available, this facility managed to stand out as a fine selection. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Sapphire Estates Rehab Centre
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
2040 North Wilmot Road,
Tucson AZ 85712
38.73% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Sapphire Estates Rehab Centre has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that Sapphire Estates Rehab Centre has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
In addition to performing well overall, this facility also earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its impressive performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for its long-term care score. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This facility clearly fared well enough in these metrics to earn an encouraging grade in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Sapphire Estates Rehab Centre?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. With our short-term care category, we seek to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. This place provides more services with physical therapists and registered nurses than most facilities we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The next category we scored was nursing. This nursing home was given a strong nursing grade this year, with a B. While this wasn't as good as a few of its other category grades, this remains one of the more impressive grades for this category. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provided 4.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This was one of the better totals we found. In addition, we found that a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. It performed as well as any facility in the nation in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 19 other nursing homes
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 1.24 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 10.12 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- East Tucson (Fmc)1.58 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)1.93 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- Swan Dialysis2.19 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)4.23 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.21 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)5.23 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.87 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)7.52 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049