Sante of Mesa is a small nursing home in Mesa, Arizona. We awarded this facility an overall score of A. Consequently, it is one of the better nursing homes in Mesa, which features plenty of very good facilities. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are impeccable. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Sante of Mesa
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Mesa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are typically employed to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Sante of Mesa?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next area, this facility was given first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our final category, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing rating. This finished off a very impressive report card. When determining our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Arizona in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sante of Mesa Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sante of Mesa, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sante of Mesa, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 3 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)2.2 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.47 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)2.77 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)2.97 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)4.21 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)4.21 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.63 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)6.15 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366