Sante of Mesa is a small nursing home in Mesa, Arizona. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This place has very little working in its favor. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Sante of Mesa
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5358 East Baseline Road,
Mesa AZ 85206
94.28% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Sante of Mesa has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Mesa, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it earned a respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a B-. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.6 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below average. Lastly, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Sante of Mesa?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area was short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more important for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a B- for this category. In calculating our long-term care grades, we quantify the facility's personal care services. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. It does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding vaccinations. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sante of Mesa Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sante of Mesa, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sante of Mesa, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Mesa, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Mesa, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Banner Gateway Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away1900 North Higley Road Gilbert Arizona 85234Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 543-2000
- Mountain Vista Medical Center, LpAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away1301 South Crismon Road Mesa Arizona 85209Proprietary(480) 358-6100
- Mercy Gilbert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away3555 South Val Vista Drive Gilbert Arizona 85297Voluntary non-profit - Church(480) 728-8000
- Banner Goldfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.65 miles away2050 West Southern Avenue Apache Junction Arizona 85120Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 733-3300
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- Chandler Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away1955 West Frye Road Chandler Arizona 85224Voluntary non-profit - Other(480) 728-3000
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.21 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Banner Ironwood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away37000 North Gantzel Road San Tan Valley Arizona 85140Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 394-4030
- Southwest Kidney Dialysis - Gilbert (Dva)2.2 miles away5222 E Baseline Rd Ste 104 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 832-6996
- South Mountain Dialysis Center (Fmc)2.47 miles away26 E Baseline Ste 142 Phoenix Arizona 85042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (602) 268-8158
- Power Road Dialysis (Dva)2.77 miles away301 S Power Road Suite 104 Mesa Arizona 85206Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 641-1193
- East Valley Dialysis (Fmc)2.97 miles away135 S Power Rd Ste 103 Mesa Arizona 85206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (480) 985-4911
- Mesa Dialysis (Dsi)4.21 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 109 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 926-1906
- Home Dialysis of Mesa (Fmc)4.21 miles away1337 S Gilbert Rd Ste 106 Mesa Arizona 85204Dialysis Stations: 1 (480) 926-9222
- Mesa Dialysis Center (Fmc)4.63 miles away1525 N Gilbert Rd Ste 121 Gilbert Arizona 85234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 497-1127
- Mountain Vista Dialysis of Arizona (Dva)6.15 miles away10238 E Hampton Ave Ste 108 Mesa Arizona 85209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 357-0366