Santa Teresita Manor is one of five nursing homes located in Duarte, California. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average rating. You could certainly do much worse than this place. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Santa Teresita Manor
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Duarte senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. When calculating a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Very few facilities performed more favorably in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Teresita Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given its third most favorable category score in the category of long-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to the last category we assessed, this facility earned a good score in inspections as well. We awarded it a B- for that category. We believe that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Teresita Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Teresita Manor, 14.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Teresita Manor, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Teresita Manor, 1.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Teresita Manor, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Teresita Manor, 4.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Teresita Manor, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Teresita Manor, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Teresita Manor, 20.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Teresita Manor, 20.56% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Santa Teresita Manor, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Teresita Manor, 20.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Santa Teresita Manor, 72.26% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Duarte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Duarte, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.0.48 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Fmc-Irwindale3.51 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Advanced Dialysis Center4.13 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC4.2 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis4.44 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center5.36 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.5.43 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center5.43 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331