Santa Teresita Manor is one of six nursing homes located in Duarte, California. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a good rating. You could certainly do worse than this place. This place is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Santa Teresita Manor
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category score came in nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. It actually outpaced most facilities in this area. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Teresita Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B- in this category. Our long-term care grade is generally used to measure a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Moving on our last category, inspections proved to be this nursing home's weakest link. It received a C in this category. Inspection scores relate to a facility's government inspection reports. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We did not find anything on this place's inspection report to be too concerning.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Teresita Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Teresita Manor, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Teresita Manor, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that have experienced falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Teresita Manor, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Teresita Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Teresita Manor, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Teresita Manor, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Teresita Manor, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Teresita Manor, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Teresita Manor, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Santa Teresita Manor, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Teresita Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Santa Teresita Manor, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Duarte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Duarte, California has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.76 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.0.48 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Fmc-Irwindale3.51 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Advanced Dialysis Center4.13 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC4.2 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis4.44 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center5.36 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.5.43 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center5.43 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331