Located in Santa Rosa, California, Santa Rosa Post Acute is one of seven facilities in the area. Sporting an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a fine choice. In fact, we found this nursing home to be better than the majority of the nursing homes in Santa Rosa, which has a city grade of B-. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Santa Rosa Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Santa Rosa Post Acute has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Santa Rosa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this area. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is more often than not a useful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Rosa Post Acute?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the pack grade in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a B-. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Finally, turning to our inspection category, we gave this facility a C. Our inspection grade is based on the nursing home's government inspection reports. Although this is not a terrible grade, it is this nursing home's weakest area. Our inspection ratings are tied to many data points found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. At the end of the day, we found plenty of high points on this nursing home's inspection reports.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 5.66 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.83 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.25 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.91 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Bma Santa Rosa2.15 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa4.92 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.92 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park6.78 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Fmc Santa Rosa North8.66 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.8 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.87 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis13.14 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293