Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital is a senior living facility in Santa Rosa, California. The city has a population of 209,844 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Santa Rosa. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Santa Rosa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was rock bottom, it didn't perform as poorly in nursing. We gave it a B- for that category. In determining our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't rate terribly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of B- in that category, which turned out to be among its more respectable grades. In the category of long-term care, we assess the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.37107 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital?
Unfortunately, this place received an F for its inspection grade. When a place has this bad of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care, in which this facility received a rock bottom score in this area as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. In the area of short-term care, we strive to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Based on its weak score in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this place offers substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 3.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 3.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 1.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 14.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 20.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 2.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 99.09% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 14.79% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 28.49% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 28.49% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 9.57% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 65.44% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.43 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.4 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa1.61 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa1.88 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park5.03 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.46 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.72 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.19 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.19 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis12.58 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293