Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital is a senior living facility in Santa Rosa, California. The city has a population of 209,844 people. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. This place definitely has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A-. Our nursing score considers a variety of datapoints. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A-. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care rating. Although this wasn't as dominant as a few of its other scores, this is truly not the end of the world. Our long-term care scores are pivotal for individuals in need of personal care. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 99.30556 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Santa Rosa Convalescent Hospital, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Santa Rosa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Rosa, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 3.43 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away30 Mark West Springs Road Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 576-4000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.68 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Healdsburg District HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.4 miles away1375 University Avenue Healdsburg California 95448Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 431-6500
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Bma Santa Rosa1.61 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa1.88 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park5.03 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Davita Santa Rosa Springs Dialysis5.46 miles away18 East Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 36 (707) 544-5043
- Fmc Santa Rosa North7.72 miles away487 Aviation Blvd. Suite 110 Santa Rosa California 95403Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 568-1755
- Satellite Dialysis Windsor10.19 miles away8911 Lakewood Drive, Ste.16 Windsor California 95492CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 836-1091
- Fmc Petaluma12.19 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis12.58 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293