Beachside Post Acute is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Long Beach, California. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this appears to be a decent facility. Based on our ratings, this facility ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Beachside Post Acute
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's nursing grade outpaced its overall rating. In fact, we gave it a B+ for its nursing score, which is one of our better scores. Nursing scores are primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a resident more often.
Inspections is another category where this nursing home excelled. In fact, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Beachside Post Acute?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of B-. In crafting these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care, which was this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this category. Unfortunately, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Beachside Post Acute Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Beachside Post Acute, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Beachside Post Acute, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Beachside Post Acute, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Beachside Post Acute, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Beachside Post Acute, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Beachside Post Acute, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Beachside Post Acute, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Beachside Post Acute, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Beachside Post Acute, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Beachside Post Acute, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Beachside Post Acute, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Beachside Post Acute, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Long Beach, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Long Beach, California has 25 other nursing homes
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.42 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 7.38 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Long Beach Quest Dialysis Center1.52 miles away3140 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 988-8866
- Davita-United Dialysis Center1.98 miles away3111 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (562) 426-5155
- Davita-Bixby Knolls Dialysis1.98 miles away3744 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 424-1403
- Davita-Long Beach Harbor (Ucla) Dialysis Center2.84 miles away1075 E. Pacific Coast Highway Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (562) 599-1511
- u.s. Renal Care Carson Dialysis3 miles away930 East Dominguez Street, Suite A Carson California 90746CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 532-5100
- Fmc-Carson3.08 miles away20710 S. Leapwood Avenue, Suite F Carson California 90746Dialysis Stations: 11 (310) 323-8997
- u.s. Renal Care Long Beach Dialysis3.09 miles away1045 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 108 Long Beach California 90813CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 435-3637
- Fmc-North Long Beach3.39 miles away145 W. Victoria Street Long Beach California 90805CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 639-3122