Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation is in Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. This nursing home doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. In spite of all this, this nursing home did just fine in our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1025 North Adams,
Sand Springs OK 74063
26.35% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it an A- for our inspections score. This grade is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care rating and that actually ended up being its second most favorable score. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 94.117645 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. The nursing score analyzes many subcategories, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility didn't fare well in this category either. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. With a score of this caliber for this area, we were not shocked to discover this place was below average in multiple staffing figures we looked at. In fact, it offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who had urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sand Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 7.4 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- St John Sapulpa, IncCritical Access Hospitals 10.75 miles away1004 East Bryan Sapulpa Oklahoma 74066Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 227-8601
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Fmcna - North Tulsa4.75 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.7 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis7.01 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Davita - Central Tulsa7.28 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Davita - Sapulpa Dialysis8.26 miles away9647 Ridgeview St Tulsa Oklahoma 74131Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 224-9996
- Fmcna - North Harvard9.27 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock9.42 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis9.59 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571