Located in Wadsworth, Ohio, Sanctuary Wadsworth is one of just a few nursing homes in this area. Featuring an overall score of D, this is a lower end facility. Although this grade isn't too far off the city grade in Wadsworth which is a C, you still should be able to do better. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
365 Johnson Rd,
Wadsworth OH 44281
68.73% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't grade this facility favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent score in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its second best category score in the category of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is an acceptable score. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Sanctuary Wadsworth?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this facility received just a D in that category. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.333336 percent of its patients, which is an above average datapoint. To our surprise, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The last category we graded is nursing. This facility was given a very poor grade of F in this area. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sanctuary Wadsworth Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sanctuary Wadsworth, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.92 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.4 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.48 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.33 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.16 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis2.83 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies4.13 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis6.54 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Fmc - Akron West8.16 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis8.71 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC8.86 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis9.14 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc White Pond9.27 miles away690 White Pond Dr., Suite 101 Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 835-9047